CTI Foods – Wilder, ID
Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all employees and insuring CTI location complies with all OSHA regulations. Through analysis and investigations, define problem/opportunity areas; develop and implement training programs and policies to address the problem areas and meet OSHA requirements. In addition, this position will direct the new employee training programs.
- Conduct/direct safety training of all supervisors and employees to insure a thorough knowledge and understanding of safety rules, regulations and guidelines.
- Supervise/direct the employee trainers.
- Maintain/verify employee training records are up to date and accurate.
- Develop/ source safety programs and training materials as needed.
- Insure operations comply with all OSHA, state and federal regulations. This includes implementing new programs within OSHA time frames.
- Direct employee trainer activities to meet plant needs.
- Implement all OSHA standards and regulations in a timely manner, and maintain all necessary records for workers compensation, OSHA and any other records assigned.
- Report workers’ compensation claims to carrier and manage.
- Accident investigations and review as well as provide analysis and recommendations to eliminate future accidents.
- Oversee company back-to-work programs for employees injured on the job.
- Assist engineering with EPA and environmental reporting and program development.
- Develop, implement and manage plant safety audit and inspection programs. Manage corrective/preventive action registers as part of the program.
- Responsible for the follow up of safety related corrective actions to ensure they are executed and sustained.
- Provide global reporting and data analysis related to EHS metrics and corporate agenda.
- Provide expertise and support o other EHS personnel.
- Inspect and audit areas of manufacturing plant
- Maintain EHS files and records
- Establish and maintain accurate record keeping of inspections, procedures, and JSA’s
- Work closely with production personnel and assist with environmental, health and safety issues
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly testing and inspections for various EHS task
- Assist with environmental sampling and recordkeeping
- Conduct specific EHS training for employees as needed (New hire training, OSHA training, EPA training, etc.)
- Perform routine and non-routine data evaluation for environmental, safety and health metrics and reports.
- Accident investigations, root cause analysis, and system data entry
- Review, update, and implement EHS programs
- This position will need to have a flexible schedule
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess leadership, presentation and training skills, organization and planning abilities
- Provide hands-on training and coaching of others
- Bachelor’s degree in a safety or environmental related field from an accredited 4-year university (preferred)
- 5 or more years’ experience with demonstrated knowledge of environmental health and safety regulations in a manufacturing environment (preferred) (OSHA, EPA,TCEQ)
- Intermediate to advanced expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bilingual, English and Spanish preferred