HP is expanding in 3D chemicals processes, microfluidics, and inks. To keep HP employees safe, HP needs to employ EHS (Environment, Health & Safety) leaders knowledgeable in the sciences that can keep up with the emerging technologies.
There is a need to Focus on Health and Industrial Hygiene This role will focus on the development of Employee Health and Industrial related programs and will engage the business to provide effective Health and IH strategies companywide to support our current and future business objectives. Global SME ( Subject Matter Expert) for Health and IH issues.
The successful candidate will be developing Corporate EHS policies, traveling to conduct technical EHS audits of complex sites, and acting as the Corporate subject matter expert (SME).
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization’s long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Responsible for managing one highly-specialized technical area across a region or globally.
- Manages and delegates multiple operations for high-impact and/or complex projects.
- Acts as the point of escalation for big issues or questions.
- Responsible for development of strategic training programs and leads implementation efforts on a global level.
- Sets up measures and metrics to be used in managing and mitigating risks.
- Acts as go-to consultant to lower levels in specialized technical area.
- Manages multiple, complex project budgets and strategizes how to cut costs.
- Strategizes and plans complex EHS initiatives that apply to HP regionally or globally; participates in strategic planning to align EHS programs with HP goals.
- Interacts frequently with corporate management and managers of other functions on a global basis to discuss EHS strategies.
- Implements highly complex management systems and aligns them with HP strategy.
- Works across business functions when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree in related science field recommended; advanced degree in related science field strongly preferred (Chemistry or Master of Public Health).
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred
- At least 8+ years of EHS experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Deep knowledge of legislation and HP regulations across multiple provinces, states, or countries, generally and as applicable to a highly- specialized field.
- Broad and deep specialized technical abilities.
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.
- Excellent ability to manage complex projects.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking, planning, and business acumen.
- Excellent ability to operate in complex, high stress environments in multiple countries.
- Excellent ability to provide guidance and direction to others.
- Excellent ability to evaluate projects from time-value standpoint.
- Excellent ability to work cross- culturally.
- Excellent computer skills, dashboard skills, PowerPoint, Excel.