The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role plans, directs, and manages the safety compliance and proactive processes for the Company at the COE level. Works closely with the plants of a specific business group to achieve a consistent regulatory and proactive safety approach. Coordinates and recommends initiatives and goals to the business senior leadership. Reviews and incorporates, as appropriate, safety and health standards originated by OSHA and MSHA. Keeps fully informed on all existing and proposed regulatory changes.
- Responsible for making recommendations and presentations to senior management, and plants leadership, based on accepted safety methodology. Develops and evaluates personnel within the scope of the job’s responsibility.
- Develops and implements proactive safety processes for implementation at Company facilities. Provides guidance and support for these processes for the goal of injury prevention. Supports the data analysis process to identify risk and assist with sustainable correction plans.
- Conducts audits of safety programs and identifies and controls significant loss producing exposures. Provides guidance and assistance with investigations at the facilities and communicates findings company-wide.
- Collaborates with plant safety managers on goals and initiatives. Schedules and leads monthly calls to discuss incidents, best practices, regulatory issues and safety positives. Assists with root-cause incident investigations and corrective actions when required.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and monitoring of proactive safety processes, such as CARE. Assists locations with data analysis in Enablon and CARE to help set direction and priorities.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
10+ years related experience and/or training Must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state safety laws/regulations. Must be able to accurately define problems, collect data, interpret analytical results, draw valid conclusions, and make reasonable recommendations to upper management that support the production and final goals of the company. Must be capable of and willing to respond to emergencies during off shifts, weekends, and/or holidays
- Preferred CSP/OHST/CIH, or willing to pursue certification