Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is “Dairy Done Right.”As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We’re taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Manager, Environment & Community Impact will partner with the Director, Environment & Community Impact to advance Stewardship program objectives across TCCA’s farms, processing facilities, distribution, and supply chain. This position will manage a diverse array of sustainability initiatives and projects that integrate social, environmental, and economic dimensions throughout the TCCA organization and value chain. The manager will also be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to calculate the cooperative’s environmental footprint and communicate it to internal and external audiences.
Here’s a day in the life:
- Activate Stewardship across the cooperative, working strategically and cross-functionally to embed sustainability objectives and implement environmental solutions
- Collect, analyze, and report data for internal and external audiences, including greenhouse gas footprint, water, waste, and other metrics
- Collate and communicate Stewardship activities for certifications, customer surveys, consumer questions, social media postings, and staff education events
- Set programmatic direction, evaluate program effectiveness, performance trends, and recommend and implement modifications for continuous improvement
- Conduct market research and benchmarking on sustainability initiatives to support strategy development and identify sustainability risks
- Advance and communicate sustainability policies, goals, and environmental management system collaboratively
- Support Community Impact programs development and delivery
- Represent TCCA in community and strategic partnerships
- Manage summer E&CI intern
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of BA or BS in Sustainability, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related field. MBA or MESM/MEM preferred
- 5+ years of experience in creating and executing sustainability management programs
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and project management skills
- Passion for sustainability, food systems, and working lands
- Expertise in corporate greenhouse environmental foot printing and reporting (GRI, CDP)
- Demonstrated success in implementing water, energy, and waste reduction projects across multiple teams
- Success in obtaining certifications such as B Corporation, TRUE Zero Waste or others
- Translates data into action with analytics and visualization skills
- Experienced collaborator with negotiation and facilitation skills
- Fosters open communication and encourages problem solving
- Strives for continuous growth and improvement
- Meets deadlines and follows through on commitments
- Demonstrated experience managing capital projects, evaluating new manufacturing technology or renewable energy projects
- Grant writing experience
- Up to 20% travel, primarily between Portland, Tillamook and Boardman
- Familiarity with MS Office suite including Word, Excel, Teams, Power BI
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA