Under limited supervision, manages all aspects of safety, safety training, and safety compliance at the plant for Process Safety Management programs.
Benefits and Culture
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package designed to help employees live a healthier life, build rewarding careers and save for the future. Reser’s offers choices whenever possible, because we recognize the diverse and ever changing needs of our employees. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, AD&D, life, 401(k) with discretionary match, wellness programs, paid holidays and vacation time to name few!
We strive to be your Employer of Choice. As one of our five cornerstones, this means that we go all-out to create an environment where people choose a lasting career because Reser’s care about their personal development & safety, and delivers a rewarding work experience.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Management: Implement all elements of the EPA Risk Management Process (RMP) and OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM). Coordinate 100% Employee Engagement Committees for improving safety and environmental performance. Ensure RMP/PSM systems are implemented and maintained. Responsible for developing and implementing cost reduction and continuous improvement projects.
- Compliance: Ensure compliance with all EPA/OSHA related laws and regulations. Maintain injury records and post safety related information as required. Maintain written programs to ensure they are up to date and follow Corporate models. Manage environmental permits and ensure proper completion of records and reports. Complete all safety and environmental related testing as required. Inspect property, equipment, and work practices for compliance with regulatory and insurance carrier standards.
- Training: Educate employees on the regulatory standards applicable to the facility. Instruct all employees on internal Safety, RMP/PSM policies and procedures. Ensure required safety and operational training has been identified, completed and documented for new and existing employees. Risk Assessment: Ensure all job functions have appropriate risk assessments completed using Job Hazard Analysis (JHA). Implement appropriate measures to minimize risk including the use of engineering controls where possible. Ensure all necessary personal protective equipment has been identified and is used as required. Coordinate all necessary industrial health and audiometric monitoring.
- Communication: Manage, support and provide direction to the Safety Team. Complete internal incident notifications in accordance with company policy. Ensure all hazardous areas and conditions are identified and communicated to employees using appropriate visual and audio techniques. Communicate performance toward company goals for safety and the environment. Interface with external regulatory contacts (Federal, State, and Local) as necessary.
- Vendor Management: Responsible for vendor selection, contract management and relationships.
- Incident Investigation: Oversee incident investigation process to identify root causes. Ensure proper documentation of findings and implementation of corrective actions. Enforce company policy related to drug testing and disciplinary action.
- Must exhibit strong leadership and management skills.
- Must possess strong organizational and record keeping skills.
- Must have solid understanding of safety policies and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of plant personnel
- Able to present material to groups.
- Strong MS Office knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of EPA/OSHA safety compliance.
- Experience with Preventative Maintenance (PM) scheduling and tracking program is a plus.
- Experience with PMXpert is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Five years of related experience.
- PSM (Process Safety Management) experience required.
- Refrigerated food manufacturing plant.
- Occasional travel to customer and vendor offices.
- Business demands may require evening and/or weekend scheduling.
Recipe for Success
Reser’s is the leading provider of fresh refrigerated deli salads, side dishes, and prepared foods for the supermarket, club store, and food service industries. Family owned and operated, Reser’s has been a proud sponsor of good times at racetracks, picnics, BBQs, music festivals, and affordable family meals since 1950. Reser’s family of brands include Reser’s American Classics, Main St Bistro, Stonemill Kitchens, and more. With more than 4,500 employees, Reser’s operates 14 facilities in the US, Mexico, and Canada and actively supports the communities it serves.