About Lamb Weston
Lamb Weston is a leading supplier of frozen potato, sweet potato, appetizer and vegetable products to restaurants and retailers around the world. For more than 60 years, we’ve produced innovative, inventive products that make life better for our customers and their customers.
Job Description Summary
Actively provide, promote, and participate in development and execution of regulatory compliance, Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) training, and assisting in EHS program oversight. This position will have a heavy emphasis on PSM compliance while also supporting safety and health at the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties as assigned):
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) duties
- Be a proactive participant in the Lamb Weston’s EHS program.
- Assist in taproot investigations that are required by regulatory agencies.
- Assist with activities related to the adoption of and adherence to Lamb Weston’s “Journey to Zero” program – a goal of zero injuries, zero unplanned environmental releases, and zero non-compliance events.
- Assure compliance with EHS standards and government regulations.
- Recognize and participate in the development and oversight of our EHS operating procedures, EHS instructions, and regulatory EHS standards.
- Assist with environmental reporting and record keeping.
- Support the development of EHS Core programs at the Boardman Center to align with our corporate programs.
- Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
Process Safety Management (PSM) duties
- Assist with schedules, participate, and ensure timely completion of the facility’s PSM process elements.
- Assist in budget related activities.
- Work with members of the local leadership/management team members (to deliver annual self-assessments of PSM / RMP program elements. Including data input, updates and analysis.
- Participate with Lamb Weston senior EHS management regarding facility PSM updates and requirements.
- Administer the site’s PSM / RMP management information system to ensure effective on-going management of all 14 PSM program elements.
- Assist with Process Safety Information (PSI) during construction projects.
- Actively participate with regulatory investigations.
- Assist with inspections of covered process equipment to detect existing or potential hazards and determines corrective measures.
Basic & Preferred Qualifications
- Associate degree or working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Health & Safety (OSHA).
- 1-2 years related experience in Environmental Health & Safety and/or Process Safety management, preferred.
- Demonstrated skills with word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Ability to learn PSM, RPM and EPA programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of culture and behavior safety.
- Ability to work various shifts on occasion to deliver training.
- Experience performing risk assessment, preferred.
- Basic understanding of OSHA regulations, preferred.
Coupled with our compensation and bonus incentive programs, our benefits deliver rewards that are market competitive. Some of the most attractive elements of our benefit programs include:
- Health Insurance Benefits – Medical, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Health and Dependent Care, and Health Reimbursement Accounts
- Well-being programs including companywide events and a wellness incentive program
- Paid Time Off
- Financial Wellness – Industry leading 401(k) plan with generous company contributions, Financial Planning Services, Employee Stock purchase program, and Health Savings Accounts, Life and Accident insurance
- Family-Friendly Employee events
- Employee Assistance Program services – mental health and other concierge type services
Benefits may vary based on location, job role/level, job status, and/or the terms of any applicable collective bargaining agreements.