Location Richland, WA
Integrated Science Solutions, Inc. (ISSi) is a small, science and engineering company providing cost-effective professional services to federal, state, and commercial clients. We are looking for a part-time remote Certified Industrial Hygienist with a positive outlook who is focused on the future and wants to provide excellent service.
If you are energetic, flexible, and love a challenge, this is a great opportunity for you!
Plan and oversee the activities the Hanford Site Chronic Beryllium Disease Prevention Program. Review work of field industrial hygienists (IH’s) including comprehensive and special industrial hygiene evaluations. IH’s will perform initial and periodic facility beryllium assessments, which will require developing associated sampling plans, collecting bulk, wipe and air samples, preparing samples for shipment for laboratory analysis, analyzing the results of the laboratory analyses, preparation and submittal facility beryllium assessment reports, preparation of annual summary reports, and entry of related documentation into the Hanford Site Industrial Hygiene Database (SWIHD).
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Health Sciences, or related field
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Experience working with beryllium
- Work experience that involved identifying, preventing, or eliminating health hazards in one or more areas of environmental sanitation. Experience must have provided a practical knowledge of environmental health hazards, survey/sampling techniques, and control and eradication methods.
- Advanced knowledge of established industrial hygiene or environmental monitoring principles, practices, procedures, laws, regulations, and current legislative issues industrial hygiene/environmental health programs.
- General knowledge of regulatory standards Basic knowledge of communication techniques, principles and regulations to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, in responding to work related problems and questions.
- Skill in problem solving and data manipulation.
- Ability to anticipate, recognize, evaluate and control hazardous work center environments.