Nuclear Safety and QA Support – Hanford Site
Edgewater is seeking qualified candidates for a Nuclear Safety and QA Support opportunity for our customer in Richland, WA to support the Hanford Site.
Title: ORP Nuclear Safety and QA Support
Period of Performance: Six months from task order award date or completion of deliverables
SCOPE OF WORK
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), Office of River Protection’s Technical and Regulatory Support (DOE-TRS) requires one full-time position with the minimum capabilities of a nuclear safety expert, to strategically manage integration between nuclear safety, engineering, QA between both ORP and Contractor to address the specific tasks identified below.
Education – BS/BA degree in engineering, science, or business management, or alternatively, an accredited high school certificate plus 8 years of specialized experience in engineering, science, or business management, in addition to the requisite experience. MS/MA or PhD degree in a relevant field is considered to be 2 and 5 years of experience, respectively.
Experience – Fourteen (14) years of directly applicable experience as a senior executive or consultant interfacing and working with organizational executives and senior management, or senior technical or business individuals, in government or industry on strategic, management, technical, or business issues. Professional career that demonstrates a steady progression of promotions and positions assuming greater responsibility.
(1) Perform nuclear safety strategic support for the analysis and response to the Project’s Nuclear Safety Request for Equitable Adjustment (REA 2018-008). Task completion will be represented by the DOE issued technical position and disposition of the REA.
(2) Manage resolution of Project issues through joint ORP/Contract integration using the tools established by the nuclear safety and QA war rooms, including but not limited to; accelerated response teams, rapid prototyping, and escalation resulting in the completion of the GAO QA report final response.
(3) Provide strategic solutions to emerging project challenges such as defense in depth, safety SSC procurement, and alignment of QA requirements with nuclear safety, ongoing maturation of interface between Nuclear Safety, QA, Engineering and Operations.
(4) Completion of deliverables will require may work directly with ORP contractors as part of an integrated team to assist ORP contractors in producing QA documents and deliverables. There are no contract deliverables associated with this sub-task because ORP contractors maintain full responsibility for the final content and delivery of safety basis documents.
If you are interested in being considered for this position and your resume clearly outlines your relevant experience for this position, please follow the application steps via our website www.Edgewatertech.net.
If your qualifications match our position requirements you will be contacted and provided additional details. Edgewater will not submit your resume without first having detailed discussions with you and obtaining your permission to do so.
We look forward to hearing from you!
WORKING WITH EDGEWATER
Edgewater offers the opportunity to structure benefit packages to best suit your needs. We offer multiple individual and family benefit options including paid time off, medical, dental, life, vision, and disability insurance, and a pre-tax 401(k) retirement account with Company matching contributions and 100% vesting for eligible participants beginning on DAY 1.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Edgewater is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected Veterans, or individuals with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- QA: 1 year (Preferred)
- Nuclear Safety: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts