The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role manages environmental staff, projects, and programs at Moses Lake and Othello locations. Plans and directs the environmental science function under senior management direction. Accountable for implementing the organization’s environmental compliance strategies. Implements the policies, procedures, and systems to maintain and enhance environmental performance of the company.
- Assists operating management in the installation and maintenance of environmental compliance measures required under Federal, State, and local regulations. Assists management in interpreting and applying technical regulatory requirements on production operations.
- Monitors cost control measures for environmental compliance. Manages compliance projects at operating sites.
- Keeps updated on information on new developments in regulatory changes in environmental requirements and incorporates this information into the company’s business planning. Responsible for assuring effective utilization of personnel and responding promptly to the needs of the facility’s operations.
- Provides leadership direction to management and professional personnel in the environmental sciences function at the plant. Interacts with regulatory agencies in assuring environmental compliance at the plant and/or project level.
- Advocates for sustainability, education and innovative environmental improvements.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- Environmental Engineering and/or Agricutural Science is preffered
- 3+ years related experience and/or training
Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state environmental laws/regulations. Must be able to accurately define problems, collect data, interpret analytical results, draw valid conclusions, and make reasonable recommendations to upper management that support the production goals of the company. Must be capable of and willing to respond to emergencies during off shifts, weekend, and/or holidays.