The Safety Coordinator reports directly to our corporate Director of Safety and will support all Safety and Health initiatives. This position requires a significant knowledge of various generally recognized workplace safety, quality assurance programs and regulatory compliance. As the Safety Coordinator, you will immerse in a variety of tasks to support, reinforce, and maintain a high level of safety at Charlie’s Produce.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To
- Coordinate with the corporate safety director to drive and implement compliance and workplace safety initiatives
- Must stay abreast and ensure highly disciplined compliance of legal changes, code revisions, directives and policies mandated by Charlie’s Produce, OSHA, WISHA, and other regulatory agencies Charlie’s Produce is subject to.
- Assist in presenting new hire and annual safety training programs that captures the attention of staff and entails all the required elements of OSHA compliance
- Help record injury occurrences and assist with our return-to-work program for modified duty employees
- Perform required safety equipment and environment inspections on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis to ensure compliance levels are up to company standards
- Perform job hazard analyses when new tasks are introduced
- Plan, coordinate, and support the Safety Committee meetings for constructive exchanges on safety issues and best practices
- Assist with projects and create a variety of statistical reports as required by the Safety Department
- Interact with regulatory agencies and 3rd party auditors
- Support management and supervisors in their efforts to establish a proactive safety culture
- Valid Driver’s License
Charlie’s Produce Total Compensation Package includes
- Competitive starting pay
- 90 day performance-based raise
- Yearly review with possibility of increase based on performance and tenure
- We recognize and reward hard work and commitment. Supplemental retirement plan through our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Robust employee assistance program (EAP)
- Vacation pay, paid holidays, pre-tax commuter benefits, and free onsite parking
- Employer-covered College Program
- Coverage under State Sick Leave
- 401(k) available
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- College Degree in related field and/or equivalent work experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, and independent thinking.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.)
- Intermediate data entry skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and/ or knowledge in hazard assessment and controls
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie’s Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.