Plans, directs, and manages the safety compliance process for the facility. Reviews and incorporates, as appropriate, safety and health standards originated by OSHA. Keeps fully informed on all existing and proposed regulatory changes.
- Responsible for making recommendations and presentations to senior management based on accepted safety methodology. Develops and evaluates personnel within the scope of the job’s responsibility.
- Develops and implements proactive safety processes at the Company facilities. Provides guidance and support for these processes for the goal of injury prevention.
- Manages people, projects, and/or programs. Interfaces with agencies and facility personnel.
- Provides leadership to create a consistent and standardized process for all safety related compliance activities for the Company. Will collaborate with other plant safety professionals to gather input to create a systematic process for compliance.
- Work from customer drawings, company drawings, government drawings or specifications
- Conducts audits of safety programs and identifies and controls significant loss producing exposures. Provides guidance and assistance with investigations at the facilities and communicates findings company-wide.
- Evaluates performance of program activities and provides summary report to management.
- Oversees and manages the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) process for the facility.
- Coordinates, develops, and facilitates, training programs involving supervisory development, emergency response and regulatory compliance.
- Manages activities and provides leadership direction to management, professional, technical, and support personnel at the facility.
- High School Diploma (college degree preferred).
- Five plus years related experience and/or training.
- Preferred CSP/OHST/CIH, or willing to pursue a certification.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of fedral and state safety laws/regulations.
- Must be able to accurately define problems, collect data, interpret analytical results, draw valid conclusions, and make reasonable recommendations to upper management that support the safety department and final goals fo the company.
- Must be capable of and willing to respond to emergencies during off shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Adheres to all standards, policies and systems as appropriate.
HOW TO APPLY
- Visit www.simplot.com/careers
- Select Job Search
- Select Current Opportunities
- Select All Open Positions
- Apply to Job ID#8103