Location FG Plant – Pasco
The J.R. Simplot Company is a diverse, privately held organization, with roots firmly planted in agriculture and agriculture-related businesses. The J.R. Simplot Company is a true farm-to-table company with operations that touch every aspect of agriculture, including seed production, farming and ranching, plant sciences, fertilizer manufacturing, food processing, commercial product development, and distribution.
This role plans, directs, and manages the safety programs at the plant level under senior management direction. Manages all activities associated with subcontracting with vendors for services and equipment. Reviews and incorporates, as appropriate, safety and health standards originated by government agencies. Keeps fully informed on all existing and proposed changes in government agency regulations, protective equipment requirements, and permit requirements.
- Conducts audits of safety programs at the plant and identifies and controls significant loss-producing exposures. Conducts investigations of accidents at the plants. Evaluates performances of program activities and provides summary report to management.
- Develops and implements record keeping and investigation procedures for occupational injuries and illness. Fully responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining emergency preparedness and safety training programs.
- Responsible for making recommendations and presentations to senior management based on accepted safety methodology. Develops and evaluates personnel within the scope of the job’s responsibility.
- Manages activities and provides leadership direction to management, professional, technical, and support personnel of the unit.
- Manages people, projects, and/or programs. Interfaces with agencies and facility personnel.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from 4 year college or university
- 10+ years related experience and/or training
- Must have previous experience supervising in a large, complex plant environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of federal and state safety laws/regulations.
- Must be able to accurately define problems, collect data, interpret analytical results, draw valid conclusions, and make reasonable recommendations to upper management that support the production and final goals of the company.
- Must be capable of and willing to respond to emergencies during off shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.