To sustain the safety, health and environmental programs so the plant is compliant with all city, county, state and federal regulations and help create a culture that makes health and safety a core value in everything we do. This position is considered to be a part of the leadership team which requires problem solving, investigations, report writing, carrying out directives by management, supporting company missions and goals, attending meetings and trainings, providing training, maintaining positive employee relations, and other leadership duties. Employees in this position must pay close attention to detail and stay organized to ensure accuracy. Employees are required to work safely as providing a safe environment to work in is the company’s top priority.
- Sustain the environmental, health and safety programs by establishing working relationships between all departments to help facilitate the plant meeting its facility vision and objectives
- Monitor and ensure regulatory compliance with the environmental program, which includes reporting to regulatory agencies, wastewater control, SDS management, hazardous chemical control and proper removal of hazardous waste
- Perform audits as required such as SWTES audits, IBMS surveillance; IBMS process audits, job hazard analysis, PPE Hazard assessments, and ergonomic assessments.
- Conduct compliance evaluations of processes and EH&S programs
- Maintain, and conduct EH&S related training as required to ensure compliance; including new hire safety orientation
- Manage on site contractor program including orientations and audits
- Utilize Continuous Improvement tools and participate in CI projects and events