Located in the Tri-Cities, WA, RC Engineering and Construction Management (RCECM) is a dynamic company that provides robust engineering and construction management support services to federal, public works, and environmental industries and clients nationwide. We provide an excellent benefit package and competitive salaries.
Position is located in Richland, WA. Travel and per diem have not been authorized for this position.
The Safety Specialist will:
- Provide Occupational Safety (IS) support in various topical areas
- Provide support for the field implementation of Industrial Hygiene and Occupational Safety (OS&IH) and management requirements and maintain a strong field presence in project activities
- Participate in critiques, incident investigations, and corrective action management
- Prepare written industrial hygiene and safety reports, correspondence and communication
- Assist in integration of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS)/Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
- Support implementation of 10 CFR 851
- Provide support to the company in OS&IH and management requirements
- Develop and implement effective and efficient methods for controlling and eliminating occupational health hazards
- Provide input/interface into the job hazard analysis processes and perform exposure monitoring as required
- Reviews and implements safety and health policies and procedures to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal laws, regulations and orders from regulating entities (i.e., Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA), American National Standards Institute (ANSI), and DOE)
- This position requires candidates capable of meeting physical requirements for working in a hazardous waste environment, work in radiological environment, and able to wear respiratory equipment.
- BS degree in industrial safety, engineering, or related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
This job is on a US federal facility site. Candidate must be able to meet requirements for working on a federal facility site without escort and without sponsorship.
RCECM is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
RC Engineering and Construction Management is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer; individuals are considered for employment regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status.