Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for a Safety Specialist based in our Richland, WA Distribution Center. This position will be responsible for managing all aspects of safety at the Distribution Center. Additionally, this individual will partner with the surrounding branches to establish and maintain safety practices and procedures.
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we’re dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation’s infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today!
- Train new associates in the organization’s safe operating procedures and safety standards
- Administer safety training and health and safety programs
- Responsible for OSHA compliance, safety inspections, and required safety reports
- Monitor environment to ensure that work areas, tools and equipment meet safety requirements
- Ensure associates operate powered industrial equipment according to Safe Operating Guidelines and FEI Safety Policies
- Document all safety incidents and assist with accident investigations, following established reporting and recording requirements
- Coordinate and lead Safety Committee meetings, publish agendas, email invitations and committee minutes
- Compile data on location incidents rates, restricted duty and lost time per SOP
- Oversee injured worker treatment plans, restricted duty and lost time claims
- Communicate with worker’s comp carrier as needed to ensure cases are managed to completion
- Perform routine and assigned housekeeping tasks to ensure a safe work environment
- Participate in associate meetings and communicates any concerns to management.
- Develop, implement, and manage best safety practices and procedures
- Perform all work in accordance with established safety standards and adhere to all safety policies, rules, regulations and procedures
- Perform other duties or functions as requested by management.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 3 years of safety specific experience or minimum of 10 years safety experience required.
- Candidate must be willing to work varied shifts depending on the safety needs of the location. Position will include spending time on night shift as well as rare weekends if needed.
- Ability to create and train utilizing Job Safety Analysis (JSA)
- Possess hazard recognition skills to identify risk and to implement corrective action plans
- Ability to tactfully coach, mentor and correct unsafe behavior in real time
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs occasionally
- Must be able to work indoors in non-controlled environmental conditions
- Certification in OSHA safety procedures preferred
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional presentation and written skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills; ability to professionally and confidently interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Provide strong leadership to drive a culture of safety
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
This position will require travelling within a 3-hour radius of our Richland Distribution Center to additionally support 10 branches. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities and much more!-
The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.