DescriptionFramatome is a major international player in the nuclear energy market recognized for its innovative solutions and value-added technologies for designing, building, maintaining, and advancing the global nuclear fleet. The company designs, manufactures, and installs components and fuel for nuclear power plants and offers a full range of reactor services.With 14,000 employees worldwide, every day Framatome’s expertise helps its customers improve the safety and performance of their nuclear plants and achieve their economic and societal goals.Join the energy conversation with Framatome Inc. on Twitter: @FramatomeUS and Facebook: @FramatomeUS.Framatome is owned by the EDF Group (75.5%), Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI – 19.5%) and Assystem (5%).The Framatome Fuel Business Group:The Fuel Business Group combines activities associated with the conversion and enrichment of uranium and with the design and fuel production for nuclear reactors. The production capacities of the Group, one of the world’s leaders in the sector, are undergoing modernization.Job Description:Framatome is seeking a Health & Safety Tech III for our Richland, WA location.Health and Safety Technicians (HST) reside in the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Licensing (EHS&L) organization. EHS&L in part has the responsibility to establish programs for the protection of employees, the public, and the environment from the effects of ionizing radiation through the performance of license and procedurally required tasks. The task requirements define the methods for surveillance, sampling, and analysis of the workplace/environment and which are gernally performed by the HSTs.Responsibilities and duties include:
- Provide radiological control functions including radiological/IH sample collection and analysis, contamination, radiation, and IH exposure control, chemical and radiological area posting/identification and area radiological monitoring for control purposes.
- Provide control and assistance on radiological release of materials, emergency response, including Plant Emergency Response Team qualification, surface survey for radiological characterization, tracking radiological exposure for access control, and shipping.
- Maintain the respiratory protection program.
- Maintain specified aspects of the dosimetry program, perform personnel decontamination, first-aid and medical support, and radiological instrument program.
- Participate in specified pre-job briefings.
- Duties may include work with routine and/or special detection equipment.
Qualifications All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
- High School diploma with 5+ years of related experience in the field or Associates Degree in Biological or Health Physics with 4 years of applied health physics experience.
- Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the nuclear industry.
- Minimum of 3 1/2 years of radiation safety experience in the field
- Completion of a fundamental Health Physics courses.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
- 5+ years of experience in the radiation safety field.
- AAS degree in Health Physics.
- NRRPT Certification
Framatome is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.Job HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT Primary Location NORTH AMERICA-United States-Washington-Richland Schedule Full-time Number of Openings 1 Relocation No Job Type Regular
Industrial Hygienist III (multiple openings)
Posted: Oct 05, 2018
Job Responsibilities/Duties Responsible for providing clientele consultation and advice in anticipation, recognition, evaluation, and control of occupational health hazards, as well as technical and regulatory support on occupational health issues. Provides industrial hygiene (IH) leadership and coordination for activities supporting a safe and healthy work environment at the Tank Operations Contract. Assists with the development and implementation of IH department goals, technical advising, and program oversight. Provide assistance for the effective design, implementation, and assurance of the IH program. Serves as a subject matter expert for Industrial Hygiene and 10 CFR 850/851 compliance.Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards. Full knowledge of project practices.Comply with WRPS policies and proceduresEnsure ISMS Principles are incorporated into organization’s activities Required Qualifications BA/BS degree in Industrial Hygiene or related scientific discipline (such as Biology, Chemistry, Physics) from an accredited college or university. 7-9 years of experience in Industrial Hygiene, Safety or an engineering or scientific discipline. Desired Qualifications Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to facilitate project milestones. Must be able to clearly and concisely communicate to peers and management.Must take prompt action to accomplish assigned objectives and understand/identify issues and opportunities.Advanced degree preferred.Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) preferred. Relocation Funding ProvidedYesU.S. Citizenship RequiredYesClearance RequiredNoJob ClassificationExemptShift Work RequiredNo